Find What's Within

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Neverland

So I have been on this Disney kick lately and a lot of my poetry has been reflecting it. This one came about listening to Avril Lavinge's Never Grow Up. It made me think of Neverland and Peter Pan.



Remember us?
The actual us,
Before the hormones took over.
When it was music and video games.
When life was nothing but fun.
We were lost in young.

I never though we'd lose that.
I never thought we'd grow up.
You were Peter Pan and I was Tinker Belle.
You believed in me and I in you.
You clapped hard and kept me and the faeries alive.

We were on a constant ride.
Second star to the right.
To Neverland with endless adventure.
But you left one night,
And when you came back... Wendy.

You stopped believing,
The clapping died down.
The dream was over.
I traded my faerie wings for real life,
And by the time you came back, the faeries had died.

Here's a link to the song that inspired the work:

No comments:

Post a Comment