Find What's Within

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Who you are

I was listening to Jessie J's "Who You Are" and it mad me think back to the time in my life when my eating disorder ruled my life. It kinda hit home. We all have scars, bumps, bruises, and pasts that don't make life the easiest journey. At then end of the day though its all about who you are.


     I look in the mirror
What do I see?
I see flaws, imperfections
Staring at me.
So today I'll suck on ice cubes
And run off everything I eat.
Starving makes me pretty, right?
Or so they say at least.
But now I lack the energy,
To breathe or even think.
I don't have the strength
To create the voice that I need.
The one that cries for help,
The one that knows I'm not ok.
But the help comes from unexpected places,
And the strength eventually returns.
I'm back on my own two feet now.
And am safe in my own skin.
The battle is a daily struggle.
But this is a war I'll win.





No comments:

Post a Comment